*PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS INFORMATION IS USED FOR THE NEWSLETTER
AND IS NOT PASSED BY RINGLINK TO ANY OTHER SOURCE
ABOUT DDA COMPLIANCE
The Disabilities Discrimination Act (1995) is a piece of legislation passed by Parliament
which is aimed
at reducing and eliminating discrimination against the
disabled section of the consumer marketplace.
Since 1st OCTOBER 2004,
you are required to not only to have met
the current requirements of the act,
but also to have removed any physical
barriers to disabled people using your facilities.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THE ACT
HOW DO YOU FIND OUT IF YOU'RE DDA COMPLIANT?
Consider the following:
- Do you already have some DDA compliant equipment installed?
- At the entrance to your premises, are there steps or is there an incline?
If so, how steep is this?
- If customers are having difficulty gaining entrance to the premises,
is there a means of easily making your staff aware of this?
- If a customer is hard of hearing, do you have equipment installed that will allow
them to hear you better?
- If customers or staff are in difficulty in the Toilets provided, for whatever reason,
do you have a means of alerting staff to the situation?
E-MAIL US FOR MORE INFORMATION